Flying with a newborn baby can be a daunting task for new parents, but with the right preparation, it can be a relatively stress-free experience. Here are 10 essential items to bring with you on the plane to make your journey as comfortable and easy as possible for both you and your little one:
- A baby carrier: A baby carrier can be a lifesaver while traveling with a newborn. It allows you to keep your baby close to you while still being able to move around and navigate through the airport.
- Diapers and wipes: Pack enough diapers and wipes to last the entire flight, as well as a few extra in case of any delays.
- Extra clothes: Accidents happen, so it’s important to pack extra clothes for both you and your baby.
- A blanket: A blanket can provide a cozy and comfortable spot for your baby to sleep on the plane and can also be used for privacy during feeding.
- A pacifier: A pacifier can be a great tool for soothing a fussy baby during the flight.
- Bottles and formula (if not breastfeeding): Pack enough bottles and formula to last the entire flight, as well as a few extra in case of any delays.
- A changing pad: A portable changing pad can be a convenient way to change your baby’s diaper while on the plane.
- A small toy or book: Pack a small toy or book to keep your baby entertained during the flight.
- A nursing cover: If you plan to breastfeed on the plane, a nursing cover can provide privacy and comfort.
- A small bag for essentials: Pack a small bag with essentials such as a burp cloth, a hairbrush, and any medications you or your baby may need.
By being prepared and having these essential items on hand, you can ensure that your flight with your newborn is as comfortable and stress-free as possible. Remember to also check with the airlines for specific guidelines for traveling with a newborn baby.